Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas memories

Merry Christmas!! May your family be blessed this Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus!
I love watching our kids open gifts at Christmas or anytime. To see their faces light up is wonderful. Well this Christmas Micah did something extra adorable. I wish I had this on video but of course our video camera broke on vacation this year and we haven't fixed or replaced it yet.
He was opening a gift from Grandma and the gift was in an clothing box. As he unwrapped the package his face light up when he saw the box and he exclaimed as a very excited 2 year old voice, "OH MOMMY, LOOK..I GOT A NEW BOX!!". He hadn't even opened the box the see what was inside and he was seriously excited about a plain old clothing box. And we asked ourselves, why do we spend money on toys when they are most excited about boxes, bags, and paper?
I hope I always remember the look on his face and the excitement in his voice when he unwrapped his box.
Another Christmas memory I hope to not soon forget; We were sitting down for Christmas Eve dinner with family and Matt's mom who had recently had an accident and she can't use her left arm asked Matt's grandma (her mom) to cut her meat for her and then jokingly made the comment that she still needs her mom to cut her meat. And Elijah very sweetly and seriously said to her, "It's okay Grandma, my mom has to cut my meat too". We all thought it was funny and absolutely adorable.
We all had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

No comments: