Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Updates

It's been a while since I've had some time to blog on what's been going on around the O'Connor house. Between homeschooling, t-ball for Levi, baseball for Elijah, gymnastics for Anna, and life in general it has been busy! We also added a garden and new playset in the past few weeks.
I'm being quite ambitious this year with the garden, hopefully it goes well. We have 4 raised beds, a potato can, and 8 planters that we've started for our various veggies, fruits, and herbs. We are trying to grow (key word is trying as this is still new territory) peas, green beans, melons, tomatoes, various lettuces, potatoes, carrots, onion, cucumber, pepper, peanuts, broccoli, strawberries, and several herbs. I'm going to try to blog as much of the gardening process as I can (except the parts we've already done like building/ filling the beds and some of the plantings). The kids have enjoyed getting involved in the garden too but of course they'd rather play on the new playset.

Backyard Construction!
Matt and his mom working on the playset and his cousin chopping some wood for us

The finished product

Elijah and Anna in the clubhouse

Adah testing out the swings her own way




2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Obviously, I'd love to see any of your garden updates. I'm impressed that you started with 4 raised beds! We have 1 with another being built in a couple of weeks. And you'll have to keep me posted about the peanuts - I've never attempted or known anyone who's attempted peanuts before! I'd love to see a photo of the beds after you put them in. I don't do "vine" crops like squash or cucumbers or zucchini right now because we don't have the space.

Tiffany said...

Wow! Great swingset...lucky kids! : ) LOVE that picture of Adah on the swing. Your kids are so stinkin' cute!