Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Elijah getting ready to help paint


Elijah (6)



A look back..Elijah (2) and Anna (6 mos)



Elijah playing at the park



Christmas 2008

I know this one is a little late, what can I say, it's been a busy week.
Elijah turned 8 Saturday! 8! That seems so old to me. He has gotten so tall and is so smart, he amazes me everyday. I love to watch him grow and learn and feel especially blessed to be able to be home with him and teach him at home. I get to see first hand all of his accomplishments and triumphs.
He is an awesome big brother, I love watching him interact with his brothers and sisters. He is sweet and caring. He loves to read and can polish off a book in a night. He doesn't like math too much but he's still really good at it. He's an amazing speller. He loves to write songs, he writes all the songs for The Joe Band, which is his, Anna, & Levi's "band", they mostly sing and dance, it's really cute. He is athletic and loves sports, especially football and baseball. He loves to make up jokes. He's thoughtful and considerate.
He loves God and we can see his hunger for knowing Jesus more each day. It's wonderful to watch his relationship with the Lord develop and grow-I feel so blessed to be a part of his development, physically, emotionally, educationally, & spiritually!
Happy Birthday Elijah!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Elijah! I can't believe he's 8 either! Although, in 3 short weeks, Allie will be 9! Yikes! In the first pic of him, it looks like he is doing an experiment to see what happens when you put metal into an electrical socket!!! :)

Invited In said...

Why do our kids have to grow up so fast? Haven't you told Elijah to stop growing? Grief...kids these days.
Happy B-day ELijah!!!