Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Micah Man


Micah is a very strong willed little boy, we battle EVERYDAY over his nap, which he still needs. Everyday I tell him it's nap time and everyday he throws a fit, he never wins, but still does it everyday. And everyday after he gets in bed for nap he falls asleep right away and sleeps for 3-4 hours. I think he just likes to disagree with me.
Yesterday he was paticularuly grumpy before his nap and after going potty and when he was washing his hands he told me "mommy you wash my hands for me, I'm too grumpy".
His famous line around here is "because I said yes", that's his reason for everything. I think he really believes he is the authority of everything.
If he's crying, he announces "mommy I'm crying", as if I didn't know it already.
I love Micah beyond words and even though he's a challenge I am up to the challenge. And while he can be a challenge he is also a great joy. He is hilarious and makes us smile and laugh all the time.
I pray everday the Lord will shape Micah's will to do His will. And the Lord is using Micah to refine me too. He is teaching me patience and unconditional love among many other things.

3 comments:

Invited In said...

Sweet Micah! I just love that little boy.

Tiffany said...

Oh, Lexi...Micah and Avery could be the best of friends! I love how you wrote you are up to the challenge. I feel up to it somedays and other days, I feel completely defeated. Avery keeps me on my toes and I have learned so much through being her Mommy. Oh, I just love it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly! : )

Jennifer said...

I love the "I'm too grumpy." That is so cute!