Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tired

The end of a crazy weekend (yes that's a wii controller at the bottom on the picture:)

The last few days have been crazy around here. Not that homeschooling, being pregnant, and raising 5 kids isn't crazy enough.
I'll start with Thursday...around 9:00 am I got a call from my mother in law telling me Matt's aunt was hit by a truck and in serious condition..I called her daughter and offered to take her 3 little girls so she could go be with her mom. So I add a 4year, a 3 year old and a 7 month old to the mix of the day. Thankfully her kids are really good and they had a good time but they kept me busy all day. I wound up keeping the 2 older girls overnight (they picked up the baby that evening) and into the next day. Nothing too crazy just busy.
Friday....Get all the kids (remember there are 7 of them) ready and go to our old house to meet a glass repair man who fixed a broken basement window. We are trying to put the house on the market so I've been there a lot the last 2 weeks getting it ready to sell. After we leave there, I take the kids to the bank and Kroger (both pretty quick trips). We head down to the children's museum for the day. We stayed and played a good while then left after the 3 year old wandered off (we found her first of course!) and headed to Costco and Meijer. I know what am I thinking right? I did get a lot of stares and comments, more than usual, running errands with 7 kids and obviously pregnant. When we get home, Matt's cousin and her hubby come to pick up the girls, we have dinner, put the kids to bed. By this time, I'm exhausted. (By the way, his aunt is doing okay all things considered)
Saturday...the plan was to go to the old house to lay new floor in the kitchen and dining room in the morning but Matt wound up having to work a half day. I packed the kids up and headed to the house to start the job around 2 expecting Matt would be finished soon and over to help. The kids had fun playing with the old neighbor's while Adah slept and I started the floors. By 5:00 I was getting sore and tired and Matt was still working. It turns out he didn't get off until later and brought dinner over. He had evening plans so I finished the floors and packed the kids back up. We headed home barely able to move and exhausted around 10 pm.
Sunday...I did chapel both services at church, still pretty sore from yesterday's flooring installation. We went to lunch with the kids then headed home. Matt went to the old house to finish a couple odd jobs and I stayed home to rest a bit and get ready for our co-op tomorrow. I laid down for about 15 minutes and the phone rings..I wasn't going to answer but Anna did for me so I had to go in the kitchen and chat a few minutes. I hang the phone up and hear the sound of breaking glass then crying..oh no! I rush into the living room to find a wii controller has just gone through the window in the living room and a very upset and scared 4 year old who didn't put the wrist band on. By the grace of God, I did not yell or yell or get angry. I somehow stayed calm, cleaned up the broken glass and taped some plastic to the window (it was about to storm). I guess we'll be replacing those windows sooner than later:)
All in all the end of the week and weekend was a little exhausting..okay a lot exhausting. But I'm glad to start a new week, hopefully this one's not quite as exciting!

1 comment:

Invited In said...

Oh Lexi!! I haven't been able to catch up on blog stuff so I was totally unaware of your crazy week when we saw you at church and co-op. What a week. I am pooped just reading about it. I pray that you have an uneventful week this week.