Saturday, October 18, 2008

a quiet house

For any of you reading this with one child..stop reading now..really you should stop..this is not for you
Matt's brother and his girlfriend called this afternoon and asked if they could come pick up our older 4 kids and take them to a pumpkin festival..and of course we said YES! How soon will you be here? So here we are left with an 11 month old, the adults in the house actually outnumber the kids! This never happens.
So after watching football without distractions, getting the basement cleaned out and talking to my husband with little interruption..I started to think (which always gets me into trouble)
What in the world did I think was so hard when I just had one? Seriously, what did I complain about? And what did I do with my time? This is easy..
Since the older kids aren't here Adah is content to stay in the living room with us and play with her toys, which she NEVER does! She's usually everwhere trying to keep up with everyone.
So if you just have one child and you read this anyways (I tried to warn you) don't feel bad. Kids are a lot of work, even if it's one kid.

Thanks Drew & Leila for taking the kids for the afternoon! What a treat!

No comments: