Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mom Tip # 1

Write letters to your kids. Years ago back when Elijah was an infant I began writing him letters, just simple ones about what he's like and how much I love him. And ever since I've been writing letters to my kids. Sometimes they are serious, sometimes, silly, sometimes prayerful. There is no formula to it. I don't use fancy paper or big words, just try to express what milestones they've achieved or what's going on in their life, how much God loves them & how blessed I am to be their mom. I write each child on or around his/her birthday and at least one other time during the year. I seal each letter in an envelope and write their name and date on the letter and they go in our fire proof safe. I'm not sure when they'll get their letters, I guess I'll just know when it's the right time.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome tip, Lexi. Jason and I both wrote Avery a letter right after she was born and we will do the same for Tyson but I love the idea of doing it around their birthday every year! Thanks for the tip! : )

Jennifer said...

That is funny you just recently posted this. I remember a long time ago you told me about writing letters to your kids. I have not been good about writing to Abby but I have written a couple letters in the last four years. I just got them out this morning and read them. I am so thankful that I wrote them.