Monday, November 3, 2008

Crazy weekend








We've had some crazy weeks and weekends but this past one goes very close to the top of the list..here are some of the details of our crazy weekend...

Friday
Pick up Matt's sister Megan (she's 8) for the weekend head home and get ready for trick or treat time. Had a pretty uneventful night and the kids all had a blast. I started to feel a cold coming on so I wasn't feeling 100%

Saturday
I make breakfast and took Matt to his dad's house to help his dad and step mom pack up their house and help them move from Ohio to Georgia, we wouldn't see him until sometime Sunday when some of the kids and I drive down there to meet them.
I drop Anna and Levi off a few houses down for a costume/birthday party and head home with the other 4 kids to get lunch and naps in. I go down to the basement to get some soup shutting the door to the basement behind me..but Adah manages to open the door since it wasn't latched shut and I hear a couple of thumps, turn to see my 11 month old landing face down on the concrete floor..my heart races as I rush over to her and scoop her up, she starts screaming and I rush upstairs with her, take her clothes off the see if she has any noticeable injuries other than the cut on her face and bump of her head.. she looked fine and calmed down after just a couple of minutes, I called her doctor of course and even though she seemed okay they told me to go ahead and take her to urgent care to have her checked out. Matt was helping with the move so I called my mother in law to come over to stay with the other kids and took Adah to the urgent care, they check her out and everything was fine. I am still absolutely amazed and truly believe that it is only by the grace of God that she came out of that fall unharmed. God is so good and we are sooo thankful to Him for protecting our little girl. So after that horrible event, I still had tons of stuff to get done so I picked up Anna and Levi on the way home from urgent care from their party and headed home to get Adah, Micah, & Levi packed to spend the night at my mother in laws house, and she took them home with her for the rest of the weekend
Megan, Anna, Elijah and I ran several errands and got packed and ready for our drive down to Georgia. I made sure they were packed and showered and got them settled down for the night, I tried to go to bed at 7 PM but didn't fall asleep until after 10

Sunday
I woke at 2 am, showered, packed the van up and woke up the kids, got them in the car and hit the road. I drove 8 hours with the 3 kids making only 1 stop, they were all really good and slept a good part of the time. We got to the house in Georgia and helped clean and unload most of the truck for 4 1/2 hours then Matt & I hit the road again with Anna & Elijah heading back home. They were really sad to leave Megan and grandma & grandpa..as were we:(
but we had an 8 hour drive home again so we just couldn't stay any longer, the kids were great and it was easier this time as we could share the driving time
We made it home late and thankfully Matt's mom had brought the younger kids over and put them to bed at our house so they were fast asleep, we got the other kids to bed, talked to his mom for a while then crashed. We were both exhausted after a crazy weekend.
Maybe next weekend will be restful because this one sure wasn't

Elijah, Megan, & Anna at Megan's new house in Georgia

2 comments:

Kim said...

Whew! What a weekend! So glad Adah is ok!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow! I can't imagine how exhausted you were after all that. Kids falling down the stairs is my worst nightmare. Avery has done it twice and I have had a heart attack both times! God is so good to take care of our babies!